FindBLAS with Fujitsu libraries

Hello:

I’m trying to build a scientific application that uses cmake on Fugaku, the Japanese supercomputer which has A64FX Arm processors.

This machine has Fujitsu compilers and scientific libraries that provide BLAS and LAPACK. For standalone compilation, the compiler flag -SSL2 is sufficient to link the appropriate libs. I can also manually add the paths and the library names are libssl2*.so and libfjlapack.so.

However, I run into issues using cmake to configure:

CMake Error at /vol0001/apps/oss/spack-latest/opt/spack/linux-rhel7-haswell/gcc-4.8.5/cmake-3.17.3-rkedsjup2id63h5gamreeo5armkevnz2/share/cmake-3.17/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:164 (message):

Could NOT find BLAS (missing: BLAS_LIBRARIES)

Call Stack (most recent call first):

/vol0001/apps/oss/spack-latest/opt/spack/linux-rhel7-haswell/gcc-4.8.5/cmake-3.17.3-rkedsjup2id63h5gamreeo5armkevnz2/share/cmake-3.17/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:445 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)

/vol0001/apps/oss/spack-latest/opt/spack/linux-rhel7-haswell/gcc-4.8.5/cmake-3.17.3-rkedsjup2id63h5gamreeo5armkevnz2/share/cmake-3.17/Modules/FindBLAS.cmake:892 (find_package_handle_standard_args)

/vol0001/apps/oss/spack-latest/opt/spack/linux-rhel7-haswell/gcc-4.8.5/cmake-3.17.3-rkedsjup2id63h5gamreeo5armkevnz2/share/cmake-3.17/Modules/FindLAPACK.cmake:196 (find_package)

CMake/find_dependencies_fugaku.cmake:23 (find_package)

CMakeLists.txt:51 (include)

Any pointers on resolving this issue are appreciated.

Thanks,

Sarat.

Rough guess:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/-/blob/master/Modules/FindLAPACK.cmake#L497

You need to add another vendor block for Fujitsu here. The ones above
should give you a rough idea on how to do it.

If it works please open a merge request in Gitlab, if not, file an
issue.

Eike