Using CURL library in windows

Hey there,

I am developing a project in windows 10, I need the curl library for building some part of my project. At the moment, curl is installed on the machine, I can use PowerShell to use curl.

The issue I have it’s that CMake does not find CURL with find_package. Also, I don’t see there the libs/dlls are to set the path for CURL.

Has anyone done something similar? I’ve been looking on the internet but nothing has worked at the moment. The only option I see at the moment is to get the project and build the libs and set them as a 3rdparty, and then set the path to the 3rparty/curl folder.

Thank you in advance

1. Typically if you install curl (especially on windows), you only get the binaries anyway, and you need the headers.
  2. PowerShell has an alias “curl” that has nothing to do with the actual curl (see: Removing the PowerShell curl alias? | daniel.haxx.se ), so make sure you actually have the real curl :wink:
  3. I think it makes sense to build curl on your own on Windows and incorporate it either with FetchContent or ExternalProject
1 Like

I see, thank you so much for the information. So I will compile the project, get the binaries and the headers in order to use them in my project.