Trying to configure a basic CMake project causes error

I’m trying to start a Geometry Dash mod from a template (found here) and whenever I try to use CMake:Configure (vscode) it gives me this error:

[main] Configuring project: modtest 
[proc] Executing command: "C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.EXE" --no-warn-unused-cli -DCMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS:BOOL=TRUE -SC:/Users/(Name)/Desktop/geodemod/modtest -Bc:/Users/(Name)/Desktop/geodemod/modtest/build -G "Visual Studio 17 2022" -T host=x64 -A win32
[cmake] Not searching for unused variables given on the command line.
[cmake] -- Selecting Windows SDK version 10.0.22621.0 to target Windows 10.0.22631.
[cmake] CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:7 (project):
[cmake]   Failed to run MSBuild command:
[cmake] 
[cmake]     C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2022/BuildTools/MSBuild/Current/Bin/amd64/MSBuild.exe
[cmake] 
[cmake]   to get the value of VCTargetsPath:
[cmake] 
[cmake]     MSBuild version 17.8.5+b5265ef37 for .NET Framework
[cmake]     Build started 1/20/2024 12:10:49 PM.
[cmake]     
[cmake]     Project "C:\Users\(Name)\Desktop\geodemod\modtest\build\CMakeFiles\3.28.1\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj" on node 1 (default targets).
[cmake]     C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin\amd64\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(832,5): error : The BaseOutputPath/OutputPath property is not set for project 'VCTargetsPath.vcxproj'.  Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project.  Configuration='Debug'  Platform='win32'.  You may be seeing this message because you are trying to build a project without a solution file, and have specified a non-default Configuration or Platform that doesn't exist for this project. [C:\Users\(Name)\Desktop\geodemod\modtest\build\CMakeFiles\3.28.1\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj]
[cmake]     Done Building Project "C:\Users\(Name)\Desktop\geodemod\modtest\build\CMakeFiles\3.28.1\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
[cmake]     
[cmake]     Build FAILED.
[cmake]     
[cmake]     "C:\Users\(Name)\Desktop\geodemod\modtest\build\CMakeFiles\3.28.1\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
[cmake]     (_CheckForInvalidConfigurationAndPlatform target) -> 
[cmake]       C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin\amd64\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(832,5): error : The BaseOutputPath/OutputPath property is not set for project 'VCTargetsPath.vcxproj'.  Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project.  Configuration='Debug'  Platform='win32'.  You may be seeing this message because you are trying to build a project without a solution file, and have specified a non-default Configuration or Platform that doesn't exist for this project. [C:\Users\(Name)\Desktop\geodemod\modtest\build\CMakeFiles\3.28.1\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj]
[cmake]     
[cmake]         0 Warning(s)
[cmake]         1 Error(s)
[cmake]     
[cmake]     Time Elapsed 00:00:00.29
[cmake]     
[cmake] 
[cmake]   Exit code: 1
[cmake] 
[cmake] 
[cmake] 
[cmake] -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
[proc] The command: "C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.EXE" --no-warn-unused-cli -DCMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS:BOOL=TRUE -SC:/Users/(Name)/Desktop/geodemod/modtest -Bc:/Users/(Name)/Desktop/geodemod/modtest/build -G "Visual Studio 17 2022" -T host=x64 -A win32 exited with code: 1
[visual-studio] Patch Windows SDK path from C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x64 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.22621.0\x64 for C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsall.bat

Notes
Absolutely no one else has had this error when working with the Geode mod template.
This happens with a brand new CMake project too.
I’ve tried reinstalling CMake, the template, and VS Build tools.
The same happens from command line

How did you configure CMake? If the Executing command line there is how it’s done, it seems that you’re compiling for 32bit Windows? Do you have a 32bit toolchain installed?

I’m using the CMake Tools VSCode extension to configure it.
I do have a 32 bit toolchain installed.

Note: as of now, I’ve also tried completely deleting all CMake and MSBuild data and files and it had no effect

Does a simple project outside of VSCode work? If so, does that simple project work inside of VSCode? Depending on the results here, knowing whether your project works outside of VSCode would also be a useful data point.