qt_add_resources error

I’m trying to use CMake macro qt_add_resources, and add qrc file that has comments, and it seems this generates rules including the comments as dependencies.

Example:
resources.qrc

<!-- WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
     +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
     my quoted comment is here "<file>"s after quoted comment
     +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
-->
<RCC>
    <qresource prefix="/guiResources">
       <file>fnGettingStarted.txt</file>
<!-- EXAMPLE OF USING FILE ALIAS
       <file alias="bang.svg">images/bangCircleYellow.svg</file>
-->
    </qresource>
</RCC>

CMakeLists.txt

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.18)
project(hello_qrc VERSION 1.0)

find_package(Qt5 REQUIRED COMPONENTS Core Gui)

qt_add_resources(SOURCES resources.qrc)

add_library(lib ${SOURCES})

This is the error during cmake --build build -t lib

ninja: error: '/home/abdelmak/sandbox/cmake/rcc/"s after quoted comment     +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-->/home/abdelmak/sandbox/cmake/rcc/fnGettingStarted.txt', needed by '/home/abdelmak/sandbox/cmake/rcc/build/qrc_resources.cpp', missing and no known rule to make it

If I remove the upper comment and keep the comment at the end, it errors also with

ninja: error: '/home/abdelmak/sandbox/cmake/rcc/images/bangCircleYellow.svg', needed by '/home/abdelmak/sandbox/cmake/rcc/build/qrc_resources.cpp', missing and no known rule to make it

Is this issue in the Qt macro, CMake, or in my input file ?

It would seem that AUTORCC needs to learn a bit more accurate parsing here indeed… Can you file an issue please?

It seems AUTORCC from CMake works fine.
I filed this issue [QTBUG-112496] CMake macro qt_add_resource does not handle <file> tokens in comments - Qt Bug Tracker.
It seems the issue in a regexp in qt_add_resource macro provided by Qt Qt6CoreMacros.cmake#L234