Preset file grayed-out in the GUI

I’m using the json presets feature for the first time. I’m having a problem with the CMake GUI. When I start-up the GUI and aim it for my source directory, it finds the json file, but it appears grayed-out in the Presets selection box. What could be wrong?
CMakePresets.json (999 Bytes)

@kyle.edwards

Possibly your presets file is malformed and fails to parse. You could verify that at the command line by trying to run cmake --list-presets from the top of your source tree. From a quick look at your presets file, I think your generator field is incorrect. The value is case-sensitive, so you probably wanted Unix Makefiles instead there.

1 Like

The GUI should probably have a tooltip (at least) or some kind of notification that the preset is invalid (ideally with a useful error message).

1 Like

I had previously run cmake --list-presets and there were no problems. The solution was the second thing you mentioned: I had to change UNIX to Unix to solve the problem.

For completeness I want to also mention that for booleans that show as checkboxes in the GUI, the correct settings in json are true and false, which are case-sensitive, without quotes. After I made all of these changes, the file worked correctly.