No CMAKE_LANGUAGE_COMPILER could be found.

I met some trouble when i try to create dir of build , i type cmake -B build, then error occur。 I google this mistake but cannot found .

environment:
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Release: 18.04
Codename: bionic
Linux cs144vm 4.15.0-42-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 15 19:32:57 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
gcc version 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)

cs144@cs144vm ~/w/c/testlib> cmake -B build/
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file: CMakeDetermineLANGUAGECompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_LANGUAGE_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_LANGUAGE_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file: /home/cs144/workspace/cmake-3.25.1-tutorial-source/testlib/build/CMakeFiles/3.25.1/CMakeLANGUAGECompiler.cmake
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:9 (project):
No CMAKE_LANGUAGE_COMPILER could be found.

Tell CMake where to find the compiler by setting the CMake cache entry
CMAKE_LANGUAGE_COMPILER to the full path to the compiler, or to the
compiler name if it is in the PATH.

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file: CMakeLANGUAGEInformation.cmake
CMake Error: CMAKE_LANGUAGE_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also “/home/cs144/workspace/cmake-3.25.1-tutorial-source/testlib/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.

my CMakeLists.txt:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.20)

set(CXX_STANDARD 11)
set(CXX_STANDARD_REQUIRED ON)
set(CMAKE_CXX_EXTENSIONS ON)

project(testlib LANGUAGE CXX C)

add_executable(main)

file(GLOB sources CONFIGURE_DEPENDS *.cpp *.h )

target_sources(main PUBLIC ${sources})

According to the docs, the argument is LANGUAGES, not LANGUAGE. The typo makes it interpreted as the first (simple) signature of project() which simply lists languages after the project name, so it’s looking for modules to support a language named LANGUAGE (and failing, which is what the error messages say).