Issue with ca-certificates and downloading a file

Hi,

I have an issue with ca-certificates and downloading a file. Below is an example CMakeLists.txt.

# Specify the minimum version for CMake
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.13.5)

# Project's name

project(hello)

file(DOWNLOAD "http://fastjet.fr/repo/fastjet-3.3.3.tar.gz" "fastjet-3.3.3.tar.gz" 
  TIMEOUT 60)

Below is the output of cmake

emmon@parton ~/example$ cmake .
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:8 (file):
  file /home/rlemmon/.guix-profile/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/rlemmon/example/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

In fact, this is a small part of a much bigger cmake project that downloads and installs a suite of high energy physics programs (matplo/heppy on github) on my laptop (linux) using ExternalProject_Add(). However I have narrowed down the issue to not being able to download the above file hence I use the simpler FILE command.

Note a few things:

• The file fastjet appears each time I run cmake but has 0 length.
  • I can use the system version of curl or wget to download fastjet from the command line and it has normal size (not 0)
  • I can download and install the file correctly in a Docker container with Debian base running on my laptop. However I would like to install it under the normal laptop conditions (Guix) …
  • CMakeOutput.log does not contain fastjet for the command line presumable because the above CmakeLists.txt is a dummy file

I think the Guix package cmake has not been tested for such a situation, i.e. external files downloaded via curl.

Is it true that cmake runs with an internal version of curl ?

How can i build cmake so it uses the system version of curl ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Roy

Bump.