GHS Multi users

I was wondering how others are using the Green Hills MULTI generator. It’s been awhile since I’ve touched it. I’ve recently started using CMake again to use with INTEGRITY 178 tump. It took a little trial and error to get the Integrity Application building correctly. The hard part was figuring out how to have the project setup where the header files are generated for the applications. But all in all it worked out well and I’m happy with the results so far.

Which toolchain are you using and what is your build host?

Currently using a Windows host with a 202054 PPC toolchain. Soon will be using Linux host with 202054 Intel toolchain. I’ve used older toolchains dating back to 2017.

Thanks, so Green Hills Software delivers a cmake toolchain now?

I know this topic is a couple years old now, but it’s the same thing I’m going through right now, so I thought I’d chime in.

I’m on a Windows 10 64-bit host running CMake 3.26.3 working with a GHS supplied BSP for an Arm64 board. When I execute the following, it works but no matter what I’ve tried it won’t output the compile-commands.json file.

cmake -G “Green Hills MULTI” -A arm64 -T “C:\ghs\comp_202214” -D GHS_OS_DIR=c:/ghs/int1179teledyne -D GHS_BSP_NAME=devtree-arm64 -D CMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS=1 …

I found a reference to a fix that worked for some using set(CMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS ON CACHE INTERNAL “”) but that didn’t make a difference.

I’ve even tried a most basic CMakeLists.txt file with only
cmake_minimum_required( VERSION 3.17.0 )
project(ExportCompileCommands)
set(CMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS ON CACHE INTERNAL “”)
but no json file was created.

Does anyone have any insight here? I feel like I’m in a really niche corner case here. GHS of course doesn’t support using CMake…

The exporting of compile commands is only documented as supported when using a Makefiles or Ninja generator. The documentation explicitly says CMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS is ignored by other generators.