First Time Compiling with MYSYS64

I’m trying to create a C++ project. I would like to use CMake, but when I create a directory and CMakeLists.txt file and I try to run:
**C:\Prog> cmake -G “MSYS Makefiles”
I doesn’t able to finish the buliding and the output is:
– The C compiler identification is GNU 12.1.0
– The CXX compiler identification is GNU 12.1.0
– Detecting C compiler ABI info
– Detecting C compiler ABI info - failed
– Check for working C compiler: C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/cc.exe
– Check for working C compiler: C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/cc.exe - broken
CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.24/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:69 (message):
The C compiler

"C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/cc.exe"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: C:/Users/vdavi/OneDrive/Documenti/Progetti/SegaMSemu/Prova3/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):C:/PROGRA~2/EMBARC~1/Studio/21.0/bin/make.exe -f Makefile cmTC_fb74a/fast && MAKE Version 5.43  Copyright (c) 1987, 2019 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.
Error Makefile 10: Colon expected
*** 1 errors during make ***

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:4 (project)

– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also “C:/Users/vdavi/OneDrive/Documenti/Progetti/SegaMSemu/Prova3/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.
See also “C:/Users/vdavi/OneDrive/Documenti/Progetti/SegaMSemu/Prova3/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log”.

SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND WHAT APPEND

The make program found was from Embarcadero (Borland) not from MSYS.
Make sure you have make installed in your msys and that its path is listed in the PATH variable before Embarcadero.

I tried, to install mingw_64, version of mingw for 64 bit processor. I just checked, if the make is in the PATH, Yes is there. I will check if in the MYSYS there is a make comand. and then I will try to use that make in my PATH.

I’ll make you now in a few time.

With where make in a command prompt you can check which make executable is the first one in your path. As long as it’s the one from Embarcadero it won’t work.
For that current make the generator should be Borland Makefiles I assume.