CPack + WiX - setting working directory for desktop and menu shortcuts?

Hi! I’m trying to match the functionality of our CPack/NSIS installer using CPack + WiX, and I’ve hit a bit of a tricky point.

I’d like to alter the default working directory for applications launched via desktop and menu shortcuts so that the default directory is the user’s home directory. In CPack+NSIS this can be done by customizing the NSIS template to do “SetOutPath $PROFILE” right before “CreateShortcut”, but so far I’ve not figured out how to achieve a similar effect with CPack and WiX. I’ve found

but they’re not using CMake and it’s not immediately clear to me what the best way would be to tie that into a CPack+WiX setup.

Has anyone done this? I’m hoping this is a reasonably standard thing to do (maybe with some application of CPACK_WIX_PATCH_FILE?) and I’ve just not found the right keywords to identify examples…

Thanks for any assistance - if this isn’t a typical thing to do for a WiX installer I’ll roll up my sleeves and dig into the custom template approach, but I wanted to check before diving into the deep end…