CPack Debian Multi-Arch control file tag

I need to set the Debian control file tag “Multi-Arch: foreign”. I don’t see CPACK_DEBIAN variable to do this.

I think you are right there is no such variable. I don’t think it’s currently possible to add Multi-Arch: tag.

I don’t know any way to add arbitrary tag to Deb package with CPack. This could be useful when no CPACK_DEBIAN_XXXX exists for XXXX.
Something like CPACK_RPM_SPEC_MORE_DEFINE. Another obvious way would be to add the handling of CPACK_DEBIAN_MULTIARCH.

I’ve filed an issue for this.

Is there any news on this issue?

I don’t recall seeing any activity specifically about that issue. I’ll ping someone who might also be interested in that issue, but don’t take this as any expectation of moving it forward.

Is there anyway that someone can add support for Multi-Arch? I’m stuck on a project until I can add “Multi-Arch: foreign” for the control file.

Sure, MRs are welcome. I don’t see any progress on the issue (linked above) though.

Is there any documentation on contributing to CMake? Particularly the source code layout, design, and how testing is performed. Basically, tips on how to add and test source code.

https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/-/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.rst