Could NOT find ZLIB

Hey Guys,

I am brand new to cmake and having some problems. I am trying to set up PrizmSDK: PrizmSDK for Casio Setup Mkg3a Problems - Cemetech | Forum | Casio Prizm/FX Development & Programming [Topic]
I am getting an error message when trying to run cmake .:

laslo@MyTreasure-LinuxMint:~/Development/Prizm/mkg3a-master$ cmake .
-- libpng icon loading support enabled.
-- Could NOT find ZLIB (missing: ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR) 
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:146 (message):
  Could NOT find PNG (missing: PNG_LIBRARY PNG_PNG_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:393 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPNG.cmake:146 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  src/CMakeLists.txt:29 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/laslo/Development/Prizm/mkg3a-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

I was hoping that this is a common issue that can be solved easily, but since I have absolutely no knowledge with make or cmake, I can’t solve this myself.
Also, I installed cmake via apt-get on Linux Mint.

Unfortunately, I somehow cannot upload CMakeOutput.log (New Users Forum Rule), so if I should upload that just tell me, I will find another way.

You need development packages of libpng and zlib. libpng is mentioned as requirement on the instructions page, zlib is apparently missing. You install those via your package manager.

The CMake library you are trying to use has third party dependencies. Ideally they would have instructions on for users building their library.

Does their readme/build-instructions/etc not say anything about this?

Thank you so much, I couldn’t find the packages, so I used this article: png - How to install libpng and zlib - Ask Ubuntu.