CMAKE_WINDOWS_EXPORT_ALL_SYMBOLS exports "=="

Hello,

I’m currently migrating an Open Source lib into a package manager using CMake.
During my testing, I found that CMake exports “==” to “exports.def” when using CMAKE_WINDOWS_EXPORT_ALL_SYMBOLS (Required in the current state of the lib). This only happens during debug builds.

Does anybody have any advice on how to prevent that, or is this a bug and I should file an issue on GitLab?

Thanks in Advance!

Edit:
Compiler Output:

exports.def : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "=". [C:\Users\z003x0uk\.conan2\p\b\nanafcdbcb5d6582f\b\build\nana.vcxproj]
C:/Users/z003x0uk/.conan2/p/b/nanafcdbcb5d6582f/b/build/Debug/nana.lib : fatal error LNK1120: 1 nicht aufgelöste Externe [C:\Users\z003x0uk\.conan2\p\b\nanafcdbcb5d6582f\b\build\nana.vcxproj]

exports.def (relevant part):

?wave_native_if@detail@audio@nana@@3Vwave_native@123@A 	 DATA
	==
	??$?0$$BY0BAE@_W$0A@@path@filesystem@std@@QEAA@AEAY0BAE@$$CB_WW4format@012@@Z

If you can put together a minimal, complete example project that reproduces the bug, I suggest opening an issue in the issue tracker. It also appears that you are using a non-English locale. If you’re able, it may be worth checking whether you still see the problem if using an English locale like en_US.UTF-8 (I doubt it will make a difference, but worth checking).

Thank you for your response. I will open an issue today. Sadly it requires a bit of setup and dependencies, since I was not able to reproduce the bug without the lib to be compiled.

I would recommend finding the source/object file that causes this symbol to be exported and narrow things down that way. Basically just comment out half of the sources and bisect it down to at least one example source causing it.