CMake Qt, Linking error when I turn an own library from SHARED, to STATIC

Hi, I have a project with a library and amn app that link the library from different path.
The Project compiles fine if I link the library as SHARED, but when I try turn to STATIC,
I get the next report:

[100%] Linking CXX executable C:\Users\jos\Documents\GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion\binDebugCosmos\orb2cosmos\orb2cosmos.exe
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(mocs_compilation.cpp.obj): In function `LogWriter::qt_metacast(char const*)':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/binDebugCosmos/tmpBuild/orb2cosmos/orb2cosmos_autogen/EWIEGA46WW/moc_logwriter.cpp:132: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN7Logging11qt_metacastEPKc'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(mocs_compilation.cpp.obj): In function `LogWriter::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/binDebugCosmos/tmpBuild/orb2cosmos/orb2cosmos_autogen/EWIEGA46WW/moc_logwriter.cpp:137: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN7Logging11qt_metacallEN11QMetaObject4CallEiPPv'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(mocs_compilation.cpp.obj): In function `QMetaObject const* QMetaObject::staticMetaObject<Logging::staticMetaObject>()':
C:/Qt/5.15.2/mingw81_64/include/QtCore/qobjectdefs.h:577: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN7Logging16staticMetaObjectE'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(mainwindow.cpp.obj): In function `MainWindow::updateFRTConfigToShip(QString const&, MainWindow::fileParameters const&, QString const&)':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:492: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfigC1ERK7QStringP7LoggingP7QObject'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:511: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig17writeGenericFieldE7QStringS0_8QVariantiiS0_S0_iS0_i'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:500: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfigD1Ev'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:492: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfigD1Ev'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(mainwindow.cpp.obj): In function `MainWindow::updateDACConfigToShip(QString const&, MainWindow::fileParameters const&, QString const&)':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:528: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfigC1ERK7QStringP7LoggingP7QObject'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:577: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig17writeGenericFieldE7QStringS0_8QVariantiiS0_S0_iS0_i'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:588: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig17writeGenericFieldE7QStringS0_8QVariantiiS0_S0_iS0_i'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:536: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfigD1Ev'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:528: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfigD1Ev'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(mainwindow.cpp.obj): In function `MainWindow::updatePATConfigToShip(QString const&, MainWindow::fileParameters const&, QString const&)':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:609: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfigC1ERK7QStringP7LoggingP7QObject'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:643: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig17writeGenericFieldE7QStringS0_8QVariantiiS0_S0_iS0_i'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:653: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig17writeGenericFieldE7QStringS0_8QVariantiiS0_S0_iS0_i'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:691: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig17writeGenericFieldE7QStringS0_8QVariantiiS0_S0_iS0_i'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:618: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfigD1Ev'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:609: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfigD1Ev'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(mainwindow.cpp.obj): In function `MainWindow::updateSTAR_USPConfigToShip(QString const&, QString const&)':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:766: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfigC1ERK7QStringP7LoggingP7QObject'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:775: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig10setUSPnameEiRK7QStringS2_'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:830: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig15setProbeTypeVarEhPKN5SHIP23NetRxPlateProbeTypeDataE'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:835: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig9setCtrVarEiPKN5SHIP17NetRxPlateCtrDataEb'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:838: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig9setIPOVarEihPKN5SHIP17NetRxPlateIPODataEb'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:766: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfigD1Ev'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:766: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfigD1Ev'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(mainwindow.cpp.obj): In function `MainWindow::updateFrom_star_ini(MainWindow::elementParameters&, MainWindow::destinationParameters&)':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:866: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig9setComVarERK7QStringRK8QVariantS2_'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(mainwindow.cpp.obj): In function `MainWindow::updateFrom_usp(MainWindow::elementParameters&, MainWindow::destinationParameters&)':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:899: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig9setUSPVarEiRK7QStringRK8QVariantS2_i'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:923: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig9setUSPVarEiRK7QStringRK8QVariantS2_i'
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/mainwindow.cpp:925: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN11SHIPconfig9setUSPVarEiRK7QStringRK8QVariantS2_i'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(logwriter.cpp.obj): In function `LogWriter::LogWriter(QObject*)':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/logwriter.cpp:26: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN7LoggingC2ERK7QStringP7QObject'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(logwriter.cpp.obj): In function `LogWriter::~LogWriter()':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/logwriter.cpp:30: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN7LoggingD2Ev'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(logwriter.cpp.obj): In function `LogWriter::getInstance(QObject*)':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/logwriter.cpp:42: undefined reference to `__imp__ZN7Logging4openEv'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(logwriter.cpp.obj): In function `LogWriter::writeLog(Logging::LOGLEVEL, QString const&, QString const&) const':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/logwriter.cpp:70: undefined reference to `__imp__ZNK7Logging9isEnabledEv'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(logwriter.cpp.obj): In function `LogWriter::writeLog(Logging::LOGLEVEL, QString const&, char const*) const':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/logwriter.cpp:81: undefined reference to `__imp__ZNK7Logging9isEnabledEv'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(logwriter.cpp.obj): In function `LogWriter::writeLog(Logging::LOGLEVEL, QString const&, char const*, QString const&) const':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/logwriter.cpp:92: undefined reference to `__imp__ZNK7Logging9isEnabledEv'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(logwriter.cpp.obj): In function `LogWriter::writeLog(Logging::LOGLEVEL, QString const&, char const*, QString const&, QString const&) const':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/logwriter.cpp:103: undefined reference to `__imp__ZNK7Logging9isEnabledEv'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(logwriter.cpp.obj): In function `LogWriter::writeLog(Logging::LOGLEVEL, QString const&, char const*, QString const&, QString const&, QString const&) const':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/logwriter.cpp:114: undefined reference to `__imp__ZNK7Logging9isEnabledEv'
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(logwriter.cpp.obj):C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/logwriter.cpp:125: more undefined references to `__imp__ZNK7Logging9isEnabledEv' follow
CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir/objects.a(logwriter.cpp.obj): In function `LogWriter::writeLog(Logging::LOGLEVEL, QDateTime const&, QString const&, QString const&) const':
C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/cosmos/orb2cosmos/logwriter.cpp:194: undefined reference to `__imp__ZNK7Logging9signalLogENS_8LOGLEVELE9QDateTime7QStringS2_11QStringList'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make.exe[2]: *** [C:\Users\jos\Documents\GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion\binDebugCosmos\tmpBuild\orb2cosmos\CMakeFiles\orb2cosmos.dir\build.make:166: C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/binDebugCosmos/orb2cosmos/orb2cosmos.exe] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [CMakeFiles\Makefile2:190: C:/Users/jos/Documents/GIT-Proyectos-Anfitrion/binDebugCosmos/tmpBuild/orb2cosmos/CMakeFiles/orb2cosmos.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make.exe: *** [Makefile:102: all] Error 2

Any help please?

Thanks in advance.

Here are the my files:

root::CMakeLists.txt

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.13)

set(CMAKE_PROJECT_NAME "testProject")
project(${CMAKE_PROJECT_NAME})

set(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Debug)

set(CMAKE_BUILD_PARALLEL_LEVEL 8)

set(CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD 17)
set(CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD_REQUIRED ON)

list(APPEND CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH "C:\\Qt\\Tools\\mingw810_64")

set(CMAKE_AUTOMOC ON)
set(CMAKE_AUTOUIC ON) 
set(CMAKE_AUTORCC ON)
set(CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR ON)

if(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE STREQUAL "Debug")
	set(BIN_PATH "binDebugCosmos")
else()
	set(BIN_PATH "binCosmos")
	set(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Release)	
endif()

set(TMP_BUILD "tmpBuild")

set(COSMOS_LIB "cosmoslib")
set(ORB2COSMOS "orb2cosmos")

set(OUT_PATH ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/../${BIN_PATH})
set(BUILD_TEMP_PATH ${OUT_PATH}/${TMP_BUILD})

add_subdirectory(${COSMOS_LIB} ${BUILD_TEMP_PATH}/${COSMOS_LIB})
include_directories(${COSMOS_LIB})

add_subdirectory(${ORB2COSMOS} "${BUILD_TEMP_PATH}/${ORB2COSMOS}")
include_directories(${ORB2COSMOS})

cosmoslib::CMakeLists.txt

set(CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${OUT_PATH}/${COSMOS_LIB}) 
set(CMAKE_ARCHIVE_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${OUT_PATH}/${COSMOS_LIB})
set(CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${OUT_PATH}/${COSMOS_LIB})

find_package(Qt5Core REQUIRED)
find_package(Qt5Widgets REQUIRED)
find_package(Qt5Network REQUIRED)

include_directories(        
		../shared
        ../shared/ship 
        ../shared/plc 
        ../shared/orb  
        ../shared/tools
)

add_library(${COSMOS_LIB}				#SHARED 
		../shared/tools/nocpptools.h 
		../shared/LogarithmTable_i.h 
		../shared/plc.h 
		../shared/orb.h 
			cosmoslib.h 
		../shared/baseobject.h 
		../shared/cosmosdefines.h 
		../shared/cosmosprotocol.h 
		../shared/cosmosthread.h 
		../shared/cosmostypedef.h 
		../shared/configbase.h 
		../shared/configserver.h 
		../shared/configclient.h 
		../shared/debugout.h 
		../shared/ship/Typedef.h 
		../shared/ship/ptvvardef.h 
		../shared/ship/ctrvardef.h
		../shared/ship/netstruct.h 
		../shared/ship/ipovardef.h 
		../shared/ship/Typedef.h 
		../shared/ship/fpgadef.h 
		../shared/shipsettings.h 
		../shared/shipset.h 
		../shared/ipaddr.h 
		../shared/logging.h 
		../shared/plc/plc.h 
		../shared/settingsxml.h 
		../shared/tcpcomm.h 
		../shared/utils.h 
		../shared/version.h 
		../shared/orb/A_Typedef.h 
		../shared/orb/C_Typedef.h 
		../shared/orb/EVA_defines.h 
		../shared/orb/G_Defines.h 
		../shared/orb/G_Typedef.h 
		../shared/orb/Header_PCD.h 
		../shared/orb/Typedef.h 
		../shared/orb/STAR.h 
		../shared/orbctr.h 
		../shared/shipparameters.h 
		../shared/shipconfig.h 
		../shared/ship.h 
		../shared/scaleconverter.h 

../shared/tools/nocpptools.cpp 
        ../shared/tools/ostools.cpp 
        baseobject.cpp 
        cosmoslib.cpp 
        cosmosprotocol.cpp 
        cosmosthread.cpp 
        configbase.cpp 
        configclient.cpp 
        configserver.cpp 
        shipconfig.cpp 
        shipparameters.cpp 
        shipset.cpp 
        shipsettings.cpp 
        ipaddr.cpp 
        logging.cpp 
        scaleconverter.c 
        settingsxml.cpp 
        tcpcomm.cpp 
        utils.cpp 
        orbctr.cpp			
)

target_include_directories(${COSMOS_LIB} PUBLIC "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}" )

if("Windows" STREQUAL "${CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME}")
	target_link_libraries(${COSMOS_LIB} PUBLIC Qt5::Core Qt5::Network iphlpapi Ws2_32 Shlwapi)

elseif("Linux" STREQUAL "${CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME}")
	target_link_libraries(${COSMOS_LIB} PUBLIC Qt5::Core Qt5::Network)
endif()

message(STATUS "___________________________________________________${COSMOS_LIB}")
target_compile_definitions(${COSMOS_LIB} PRIVATE
				QT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS=1
				MAKE_COSMOS_LIB=1
				COSMOS=1
				COSMOSEMU=1
				DEU_PACK=1
				COSMOS_PACK=1
				ADDITIONAL_TYPES=1
				USE_GLOBAL_REGISTER_VARIABLES=0
				NOCRYPT=1
				NOUNCRYPT=1
				UNICODE=1  #Windows
)

orb2cosmos::CMakeLists.txt

set(CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${OUT_PATH}/${ORB2COSMOS}) #/${ORB2COSMOS}

find_package(Qt5Core REQUIRED)
find_package(Qt5Gui REQUIRED)
find_package(Qt5Widgets REQUIRED)
find_package(Qt5Network REQUIRED)
find_package(Qt5Concurrent REQUIRED)
find_package(Qt5Xml REQUIRED)

include_directories(        
		../shared
        ../shared/ship 
        ../shared/plc 
        ../shared/orb  
        ../shared/tools
)
link_directories(${OUT_PATH}/${COSMOS_LIB} )	#binaries

set(SOURCES
    main.cpp
    mainwindow.h 
    mainwindow.cpp 
	doxygen.h
    logwriter.h
    logwriter.cpp 
)

set(UI_SOURCES
	mainwindow.ui
)
qt5_wrap_ui(UI_GENERATED_HEADERS ${UI_SOURCES} )

#target_link_directories(${ORB2COSMOS} "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/../${binPath}/${COSMOS_LIB}")
add_executable(${ORB2COSMOS} ${SOURCES} ${UI_GENERATED_HEADERS})

add_dependencies(${ORB2COSMOS} ${COSMOS_LIB}) 	
target_link_libraries(${ORB2COSMOS} PUBLIC ${COSMOS_LIB} Qt5::Core Qt5::Gui Qt5::Widgets Qt5::Network Qt5::Concurrent Qt5::Xml )
target_compile_definitions(${ORB2COSMOS} PUBLIC
				QT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS=1
				ORB2COSMOS=1
				COSMOSEMU=1
				DEU_PACK=1
				COSMOS_PACK=1
				ADDITIONAL_TYPES=1
				USE_GLOBAL_REGISTER_VARIABLES=0
				NOCRYPT=1
				NOUNCRYPT=1
)

I have the same miserable error when I try to build GTest and use Qt in my test modules.

From the build log the original poster showed, this is on Windows?
There you have to define symbols to be exported/imported if you use them from a dll (__declspec(dllexport) / __declspec(dllimport). If you can build with shared libraries, it means that you have this in place (unless you use a .def file or use CMake’s automated way of creating it ).
If you still have these declarations in place when trying to compile and link the library statically however, you might get those errors you mention I think