cmake not generating sln windows 10 AMD

HI all-

I run my small script to feed cmake from visual studio command prompt 2019. I run the script from a build directory located inside the folder path c:\soci-master. This worked before but the -A is new to me. Please help if you see something below that isn’t quite right!

thanks.

cmake -G “Visual Studio 16 2019” -A X64 -DSOCI_CXX11=ON -DWITH_BOOST=OFF -DWITH_ORACLE=OFF -DWITH_DB2=OFF -DWITH_MYSQL=OFF -DWITH_ODBC=OFF -DWITH_POSTGRESQL=OFF -DWITH_SQLITE3=OFF -DWITH_FIREBIRD=ON -DFIREBIRD_INCLUDE_DIR=“C:/Program Files/Firebird/Firebird_4_0/include” -DFIREBIRD_LIBRARIES=“C:/Program Files/Firebird/Firebird_4_0/lib/fbclient_ms.lib” -DSOCI_FIREBIRD_TEST_CONNSTR:STRING=“service=localhost:/Program Files/firebird/firebird_4_0/examples/empbuild/EMPLOYEE.FBD user=SYSDBA password=rayreddington” c:\soci-master

I tried -A AMD and still no luck.

c:\soci-master\build>cmake -G “Visual Studio 16 2019” -A AMD -DSOCI_CXX11=ON -DWITH_BOOST=OFF -DWITH_ORACLE=OFF -DWITH_DB2=OFF -DWITH_MYSQL=OFF -DWITH_ODBC=OFF -DWITH_POSTGRESQL=OFF -DWITH_SQLITE3=OFF -DWITH_FIREBIRD=ON -DFIREBIRD_INCLUDE_DIR=“C:/Program Files/Firebird/Firebird_4_0/include” -DFIREBIRD_LIBRARIES=“C:/Program Files/Firebird/Firebird_4_0/lib/fbclient_ms.lib” -DSOCI_FIREBIRD_TEST_CONNSTR:STRING=“service=localhost:/Program Files/firebird/firebird_4_0/examples/empbuild/EMPLOYEE.FBD user=SYSDBA password=rayreddington” c:\soci-master

CMake Deprecation Warning at CMakeLists.txt:13 (cmake_minimum_required):
Compatibility with CMake < 2.8.12 will be removed from a future version of
CMake.

Update the VERSION argument value or use a … suffix to tell
CMake that the project does not need compatibility with older versions.

– Selecting Windows SDK version 10.0.19041.0 to target Windows 10.0.19043.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:15 (project):
Failed to run MSBuild command:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/MSBuild/Current/Bin/MSBuild.exe

to get the value of VCTargetsPath:

Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.11.0+0538acc04 for .NET Framework
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Build started 10/22/2021 6:58:00 PM.
Project "C:\soci-master\build\CMakeFiles\3.20.6\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj" on node 1 (default targets).
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(820,5): error : The BaseOutputPath/OutputPath property is not set for project 'VCTargetsPath.vcxproj'.  Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project.  Configuration='Debug'  Platform='AMD'.  You may be seeing this message because you are trying to build a project without a solution file, and have specified a non-default Configuration or Platform that doesn't exist for this project. [C:\soci-master\build\CMakeFiles\3.20.6\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj]
Done Building Project "C:\soci-master\build\CMakeFiles\3.20.6\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\soci-master\build\CMakeFiles\3.20.6\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
(_CheckForInvalidConfigurationAndPlatform target) ->
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(820,5): error : The BaseOutputPath/OutputPath property is not set for project 'VCTargetsPath.vcxproj'.  Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project.  Configuration='Debug'  Platform='AMD'.  You may be seeing this message because you are trying to build a project without a solution file, and have specified a non-default Configuration or Platform that doesn't exist for this project. [C:\soci-master\build\CMakeFiles\3.20.6\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.20

Exit code: 1

– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also “C:/soci-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.
The system is: Windows - 10.0.19043 - AMD64

Option -A expects values x64 or Win32 for intel architecture (regardless of company: intel or AMD) respectively for 64bit and 32bit (see Visual Studio Generator, Platform Selection).

Hi -

Thanks for getting back to me. That tip helped a lot. Turns out my firewall likes to block everything. I had to bludgeon it to death to give me control of what I am trying to work on.
This says it all: “Build succeeded”.

thanks!