cmake installation error of file & directory not found

I get the following error after running the command:

./bootstrap && make && sudo make install

CMake Error at Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:60 (message):
The C compiler

"/usr/bin/gcc"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: /usr2/nacharya/Downloads/cmake-3.16.4/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):/prj/qct/ranger/sandiego/data/soft64/lmakeLast/LinuxCE+suse11/bin/gmake cmTC_a4399/fast && make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_a4399.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_a4399.dir/build

/bin/sh: make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_a4399.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_a4399.dir/build
: No such file or directory
Child aborted
Generator: execution of make failed. Make command was: /prj/qct/ranger/sandiego/data/soft64/lmakeLast/LinuxCE+suse11/bin/gmake cmTC_a4399/fast && 

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:7 (project)

The full error output should be in CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log.

Dump from the CMakeError.log
Determining if the C compiler works failed with the following output:
Change Dir: /usr2/nacharya/Downloads/cmake-3.16.4/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):/prj/qct/ranger/sandiego/data/soft64/lmakeLast/LinuxCE+suse11/bin/gmake cmTC_a4399/fast && make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_a4399.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_a4399.dir/build

/bin/sh: make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_a4399.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_a4399.dir/build
: No such file or directory
Child aborted
Generator: execution of make failed. Make command was: /prj/qct/ranger/sandiego/data/soft64/lmakeLast/LinuxCE+suse11/bin/gmake cmTC_a4399/fast &&

I am not able to debug this, can you help me with the same

What file is not found would need to be debugged (strace -e file -f may help). Do you have a make installed?

Yes make is installed

Hmm. Without knowing the path that isn’t being found, I can’t really speculate further, sorry. It could be the -f argument path that doesn’t exist I suppose?