CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR_IN_INTERFACE does not add the current folder as a target property

Hey all,

the cmake documentation says:

If this variable is enabled, CMake automatically adds for each shared library target, static library target, module target and executable target, CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR and CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR to the INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES target property.

So I made a little test:

CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 3.16)
PROJECT(includetest)
INCLUDE(CMakePrintHelpers)
#Set the variables
SET(CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR_IN_INTERFACE ON) 
ADD_EXECUTABLE(main main.cpp)
#Print out INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES                                                                                                                                                                                      
CMAKE_PRINT_PROPERTIES(TARGETS main PROPERTIES INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES)

I would expect that after running cmake on this CMakeLists.txt, it would print me out the directory where main is located. Instead, the output is:

Properties for TARGET main:                                                                                                                                                                                       
   main.INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES = <NOTFOUND>                                                                                                                                                                 
   main.INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES = <NOTFOUND>

Which is not what is expected, and rather inconsistent with what the documentation says. Or did I miss something from the docs?

I am using CMake 3.16.3