Warning: Did not find file Compiler/-ASM How to solve this warning??Even though Warning build is happen is it correct build or not??

Warning: Did not find file Compiler/-ASM

1 Like

It looks like the platform was not detected; the skipped on the C compiler check is probably related. Are you using a toolchain file? If so, you probably need to give the platform name.

The Green Hills MULTI generator hasn’t been tested when enabling ASM as a language. I’ve only used C CXX. If you don’t enable ASM as a language you still could add the assembly files to the target. I think there is a decent chance that the target would build correctly.

The skipped is a normal CMake message since 3.18 when the ABI works, see https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/-/merge_requests/4789#note_797935

I’d go by fdk17’s response as it seems the GHS Multi generator just doesn’t support ASM yet.

I’ve tested this out; You can add .s files as sources and it will be built into the executable.

Hi, I got the same problem, but adding the *.s to the sources of c files list do not resolve, because it creates the .o but then:

Output from Assembling startup.s:
[asarm] (error #2179) startup.s 1: unexpected token type (binaryop) encountered; expected type (identifier)

this generates many errors and then block the operation.
Is there a way to avoid the “asarm” assembly part? This is a port from a make project…I know that for the assembly should be used “ccarm”, but I’m not able to set it up.

I got the same problem with a slight difference:

-- Warning: Did not find file Compiler/cc65-ASM

As least the correct toolchain was detected but no assembler sources where compiled.

This is a different warning. If you use ASM language for any compiler, CMake expects a cmake file with that name for setup.
CMake contains such files for every compiler where it supports Assembler. CC65 is not supported by CMake itself.

1 Like

CMake expects a cmake file with that name for setup.

Where does CMake expect the file to be? I provided an appropriate file in the source directory on of the many tests I made. But CMake didn’t search `${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/Compiler/cc65-ASM.cmake’.

CC65 is not supported by CMake itself.

Yes, this is indeed the problem. Using an unsupported compiler with CMake seem to be close to impossible.

The file is expected in the CMAKE_MODULE_PATH.
But adding that file will only suppress that warning, it won’t add any functionality.
The toolchain file from that repo you mentioned, works fine for C and ASM. The example compiles without any problems.

1 Like