Professional CMake: A Practical Guide 9th Edition

The 9th Edition of the book Professional CMake: A Practical Guide is now available. It has been updated for the CMake 3.20 release, including some fixes added in 3.20.1. The more substantial changes covered in this edition include:

• The Xcode generator now has direct support for embedding frameworks.
  • A new cmake_path() command has been added, superseding most of the path handling capabilities provided by get_filename_component() and file() sub-commands.
  • Presets have been extended to add support for the build and test phases.

More detailed release notes are available, including a notice regarding discontinuation of the MOBI format. As usual, the book is available exclusively from https://crascit.com/professional-cmake/

front-cover-794x1123

6 Likes

Would love to buy the book. But seems access to this knowledge is not available for people in Switzerland. Is there any way to get hold of it without knowing someone abroad? Maybe through patreon support?

Hi Samuel, I’m the author of that book. The last couple of FAQ items on the book’s web page cover your situation (see Why is this book not available in my country? and Can I purchase the book for someone else?). While I would very much like to be able to sell the book world-wide without restriction, there are a few countries where this is not practical, almost always for tax reasons (and we take such obligations seriously). The second of the links I provided still respects the local laws, but other alternatives that involve you purchasing the book directly or some equivalent of that would not.

If you have any further queries about the book or the sales process, please do contact Crascit support. That’s probably a better place to make such enquiries (the book is not associated with this forum or with Kitware).

1 Like

Woa! I’m guessing something has changed with the taxation in CH in recent years then because I have bought the book a couple years ago no problem…

1 Like

Getting off-topic for this forum, but to tie off this thread, I had to stop selling to Switzerland earlier this year after a change in business activity of my company meant new conditions would apply. It became unviable to continue selling there (I would have been making a loss, on top of significant additional compliance obligations).

1 Like