mingw w64 gcc/g++ platform

System is unknown to cmake, create:
Platform/MINGW64_NT-10.0-18363 to use this system, please post your config file on discourse.cmake.org so it can be added to cmake

For reference, the message posted above comes from this code in CMake. It occurs when CMake detects a CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME that is not known.

MinGW is known, but the CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME detected should not be MINGW64_NT-10.0-18363. We need to figure out how that name is detected. What version of CMake are you using?

I was using msys/cmake from msys2

it works fine with mingw-w64-x86_64-cmake, and the mingw-w64 toolschain
sorry for nois, and hope that could help someone

regards

Hello,

I’m having this same issue. I’m using the latest Feb 2021 build of MSys2, with mingw64. cmake version 3.19.3.

Any update on what could be causing this?

sorry, I’m a noob.
Best,

MSYS2 is not supported. Only MinGW is. So, it is required to use cmake from mingw-w64-x86_64-cmake package.

We do have nightly testing with MSYS2-installed MinGW 64-bit toolchains (e.g. /mingw64/bin/gcc). See builds here. One uses the Ninja generator. Another uses the MSYS Makefiles generator.

What is not supported by upstream CMake is using the MSYS2 native toolchains (e.g. /usr/bin/gcc), that produce binaries depending on the msys2 runtime. Support for those compilers is maintained by MSYS2’s CMake packagers in the msys/cmake package.

Thanks for the reply. The issue still existed, but I was able to get through the compile anyway. There was another issue with the newer MSys2 mingw64 binutils.

Thanks for your time.