Installing dll dependencies using RUNTIME_DEPENDENCY_SET and $<TARGET_RUNTIME_DLL_DIRS:${target}> bug?

I’ve actually tried this in the beginning with less success.

Cmake_install is regenerated but it has no knowledge what directories to search with just that one line. Additionally, it now fails to understand the bitness of that exe and which dlls it needs to search for.

As a note: I break down out external library by a win32 or win64 sub directory that sits within the root of the library name folder. So, for example, for OpenDDS, it would be similar to C:\Libraries\OpenDDS\win32 or C:\Libraries\OpenDDS\win64

In the method I used; the DIRECTORIES field was actually set up, automatically to point to C:\Libraries\OpenDDS\win32\bin and could find what it needs. Same worked for x64 exe, it chose the correct dir, with the win64 path.

The method I used I discovered here Generator expression in RUNTIME_DEPENDENCY_SET DIRECTORIES - Code - CMake Discourse

If it didn’t group the directories list in a single quoted, delimited list, this method would just work and it seems it would fix the lack of knowledge a basic install(RUNTIME_DEPENDENCY_SET) command has towards choosing the correct bitness