Error building STRATA on MSYS2

Hello

I am following instructions on installing a program called STRATA, which is found on this website:

https://github.com/arkottke/strata#building

I am using windows, and I am using MSYS2 as recommended on the website.

I have followed all instructions, but I get the following error when I use the following code:

dadrian@94YZHX2 MINGW64 ~/strata/build

$ cmake … -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

System is unknown to cmake, create:

Platform/MINGW64_NT-10.0-18363 to use this system, please post your config file on discourse.cmake.org so it can be added to cmake

Your CMakeCache.txt file was copied to CopyOfCMakeCache.txt. Please post that file on discourse.cmake.org.

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.19.3/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:218 (message):

Could NOT find Qwt (missing: QWT_LIBRARY) (found version “6.1.6”)

Call Stack (most recent call first):

/usr/share/cmake-3.19.3/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:582 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)

cmake/Modules/FindQwt.cmake:104 (find_package_handle_standard_args)

CMakeLists.txt:64 (find_package)

– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

See also “/home/dadrian/strata/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.

Can you help with this?

Thank you

CopyOfCMakeCache.txt (17.4 KB)

Hmm. Seems either platform detection is failing or there’s a new configuration to consider.

Cc: @brad.king

I am using MSYS2 as recommended on the website

Assuming that you are following strata’s instructions, the cmake installation you are using comes from a MSYS2 package. That is not maintained by upstream CMake developers and has some extra patches.

create … Platform/MINGW64_NT-10.0-18363 to use this system

The MSYS2 version of CMake on your system is somehow misidentifying the system name. It shouldn’t have the platform version number in it.

I suggest asking for help from strata first, since their instructions indicate they have experience building on MSYS2. Or, ask over on an appropriate forum for MSYS2 since they maintain the cmake package in question.

Thank you!

Duncan